Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bad Bad Trouble Please Help

• Please log in to reply

Catclaw

Catclaw

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Had been having some weird problems w/ programs not running as they were suppose to and was just starting to try and clean all adware/malware from my machine when it crashes and goes into a loop where windows XP will not start up. Seems that just as it starts to run.........it craters and goes back to the initial start up screen. It does the same thing when I try to start up in any, INCUDING SAFE MODE!!!! Please help......... I don't want to have to reformat and loose 3 or 4 years worth of data. :) Thanks, Catclalw

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
If you have a XP CD, and if System Restore was on before the trouble, this explains how to do System Restore from the Recovery Console:
http://forums.cclonl...read.php?t=1183

Catclaw

Catclaw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
1101 Doc,
I recently did a system restore to about 3 previous months and it ran till I was able to get through about half of the Malware Cleaning List. Upon rebooting into Safe Mode, it started the same thing over again. I will try the system restore from the Recovery Console and see if I can get it running again. Thanks,
Catclaw

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Good luck--let us know, OK?