Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Corsair 620HX or Enermax Infiniti 650w?

• Please log in to reply

cyberspacegenie

cyberspacegenie

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have to upgrade my PSU and am having a hard time deciding which of these 2 PSUs to go for.

Corsair 620HX
Enermax Infiniti 650w

Both look pretty good from the reviews that I've read. I'm looking for something quiet, reliable and efficient. I spent a long time building a quiet system so would like to keep it that way.

My Current PSU is producing a high pitched whine under load, and is underpowered so thats why I'm replacing it.

can anyone give me any feedback on either of these PSUs.

many thanks.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
If you are looking for something quiet then the Corsair is definatly the way to go. Actually it is all around better than an Enermax. The Corsairs are supossed to be some of the quietest around though.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Cosair are rebraded Seasonics, it's a very high quality PSU and I highly recommend it over the Enermax which is more of a mid range quality PSU.
James

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
*troy loves Seasonic... :)

cyberspacegenie

cyberspacegenie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Went with the Corsair 620HX in the end. thanks for the advice guys.

Deadly-Knight

Deadly-Knight

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Went with the same :)! I have the same problem as you cyberspace. High pitched sound...you just made me realize it was my PSU...good thing I am changing :)

Deadly-Knight

Deadly-Knight

• Pip
  • 9 posts
So far so good with the Corsair 620W...quiet, plenty of connexions, modular, and more to offer. A+

No more problems with the 3.3 V :)

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Glade to hear it :)
James