Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 03 keeps prompting for password.

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

At work, we are on a domain. I have signed in to the domain and can open Outlook 03 to check my mail. About 10 seconds later, however, a login box appears. I've found that even if I cancel that login, I am still able to send and receive mail. I leave Outlook open during the day so this box keeps popping up every minute or so. When it does, it steels focus and messes up my work.

On that login screen, I could key in my domain user name and password and check the box "Remember my password", but I don't want to do that. I'd really like to figure this out because it's starting to happen to several people. If it saves the passwords now, it will start this whole mess over again in 90 days when we change our passwords. One guy is even getting this login box for Internet Explorer while surfing the web.

Is there anyway to fix this issue permanently, without having to go through such a headache every 90 days?

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hi maqusbuckley,

I would talk to your IT department about the possibility of setting up some roaming profiles. But in short the answer is no that is a IT department issue in most companies.

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
tuxmaster:

Ah..I see. Let me clarify. I am in the IT department here. We had roaming profiles for our Revenue Auditors several years ago and had a lot of problems with them. Not many people in our company move from PC to PC that often. Thank goodness too because we have approximately 200 computer users. For now, I'll just recomend everyone enter their user names and passwords and click the "Remember My Password" check box.

Thanks,

Magus

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
OK...now this is just getting old and VERY annoying.

After my last post, I told Outlook to store my password. Apparently, it could care less because it has continued to prompt for my username and password.

I leave Outlook open all day. At random intervals, I am prompted for my password. I would say it happens on average about once every minute or two. It's happening a lot. When the window appears, it takes focus and that makes it even more annoying.

Do any of you know how to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Magus