Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Error when installing a game to Vista

• Please log in to reply

LostNewbie

LostNewbie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently got the Vista 32x OS and after updating everything to the max i
tried to install my Fable game. Unfortunately i seem to be getting an error
that i have absolutely no idea who to fix:

Error 1607: unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime

Any ideas? i know there was a March 07 update for Vista that had some compatibility
fixes, but it was not for my 32x .

Advertisements

ford123

ford123

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I met the same problems, but I don't know how to do either

LostNewbie

LostNewbie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
finally! after much experimenting i finally figured it out! ^^

first to load the game into the computer you have to browse though the CD itself for the Setup.exe or Fable.exe file and rigthclick run as administrator.

So that will load it but in order to play the game without getting that " Protection Stub has stopped working" error, you have to go into the DEP settings and there should be a little button where you can add Fable.exe as one of the programs that does'nt have to be blocked. You could also just turn off the DEP but i wouldnt recomend that.

Hope that helps! :)

Edited by LostNewbie, 01 November 2007 - 03:32 PM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Wow that's great, LostNewbie! Thanks for posting the answer so others can find it if they need it. :)

I'm about to upgrade to Vista myself, if I have any problems, I'll give it a shot :)

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I found that anytime you run a game or installation it is always best to run as admin is Vista.