Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downloads Stuck

• Please log in to reply

sportsfan1

sportsfan1

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello,
When downloading medium to large files (500mb+), the process stops randomly in the middle of the download (no specific time). In the off chance it doesn't stop, it gets stuck at the end and says 100% complete 00:00 remaining, but the process does not complete. I have tried disabling my firewall, but that did not make a difference. I didn't used to have this problem, but it has appeared within the last month or so. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
where are you downloading the files from? what kind of files are they?

sportsfan1

sportsfan1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ive tried many different download sites, fileshack, download.com, filecloud, etc. I'm attempting to download the patch to a game called Americas Army, but the problem is not limited to files from this game as I've had problems simply downloading aol. As far as the file type goes, im guessing its .exe although I'm entirely not sure what you mean by that.

Edited by sportsfan1, 31 October 2007 - 02:13 PM.

sportsfan1

sportsfan1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Any ideas? This problem is very frustrating