Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading RAM memory

• Please log in to reply

dreassy

dreassy

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have an Pentium 4 D 2,53 GHz PC with only 256 MB DDR RAM Memory.
I want to upgrade the RAM Memory but I noticed that my PC has only 2 RAM sockets. (I thought that every PC has 4 sockets ?)
On the RAM stick is mentioned 256 MB - DDR - 266 MHz CL2 and also PC2100U - 20330.
When I buy new RAM sticks on what do I have to look? What means 266 Mhz CL2 and PC2100 U - 20330?
For instance can I use 2 RAM sticks 512 MB UNB PC3200 CL2.5?
Can anyone give me some clearance about this?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
go to www.crucial.com and put in your computer make and model (or run their ram advisor tool)...they will tell you what kind of ram your computer supports, how much it can support, and offer you good ram at a decent price (though you're not required to buy their ram...you can just take the info from crucial to see what kind of ram you need to buy from somewhere else)

dreassy

dreassy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I did the scan.
Thanks for the advice.