Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200

• Please log in to reply

zoltain

zoltain

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I hope this is the right forum to post this in, if not i apologize.

I have a laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200 video card. My driver is version 7.0.8.6. (date: 4/3/2005). In order to play some new games (such as unreal tournament 3 or BioShock) i need to update my driver. I am unable to find a new driver for my video card. NVIDIA on their website says thier drivers arent compatible with the "Go" series. It also says Somy makes drivers that should work. I am unable to find any such driver out their that will actually install (even ones that say in their discription compatable with the NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200 dont install... the installation program says my computer doesnt have a compatible video card and quits).

Thnx so much in advance for helping.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
http://www.versiontr...einfo/win/50571

zoltain

zoltain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Just tried that one and it didnt work. I got this message when the nvida installer started :

"The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

zoltain

zoltain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Does anyone else know of one??? thnx for the help again :)