Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

OUTLOOK EXPRESS SENDING MAIL

• Please log in to reply

LOZ1

LOZ1

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I really hope someone can help me.

I have asked everyone I know and also looked through all previous postings here and cannot find an answer to my problem

For the last 10 days OE has suddently been asking me for a password when I try to send mail

I can receive mail ok

When I enter my password and user name (which I have never changed) it will not accept it and the prompt box just keeps returning

If I click cancel on the password prompt window and it seems to be authorising I just eventually get the time out error message window or I get the window opening showing the sending of mail failed

I have made no changes to the pc recently and I have looked through all the OE menu options and cannot understand how to stop this from happening

I am at my wits end, I cannot send mail at all and I have spent hours trying to find a simple solution myself - it is driving me crazy

Please please does somebody know what is happening here??

Thanks

Lorraine :) :)

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Loz1,

Go into your account settings. Click on tools, click on email accounts. Click next for view or change account settings. Select the account that is having the problem and click change. Click on more settings then click on outgoing server check the box that says my outgoing server requires authentication. Does that help your issue.

LOZ1

LOZ1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you so much this seems to have remedied the problem

Such a simple thing yet I couldn't find the solution - and why did it just begin happening when I hadn't changed any settings - another mystery?

Oh the wonders of modern technology - fab when they're working, drive you mad when there not!!

Thank goodness there's experts like you willing to help us philastines!!

Thanks again

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
LOZ1,

Your ISP probably changed there settings for security reasons. Glad you got your problem fixed.