Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PSU

• Please log in to reply

Opt

Opt

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
I need more exact thoughts on this. I have narrowed it down, but wanted the advice of true GTG pro's.

What Power Supply would be best for an 8800GTS 320mb that requires 30amps on a 12v rail. Money is no issue. I just wanted your picks. All other components are going to be pretty hefty, but will not be going SLI with this. Thanks.

:) OPT**

Advertisements

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Hello Opt,

I am running the following power supply on HIS 1950 pro. Apevia 680 watt 46 amp. This is a very well built powersupply and very good price. I have alot of extras attached to my rig also. Very high quality components. My other recommendation would be this Silverstone. Both are high quality power supplies, the Silverstone runs about $60 more and puts out 54 amps on the 12v rail. I would lean towards the Silverstone just to have the extra power if ever needed in a future build. Silverstone has a reputation as a true workhorse.

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 31 October 2007 - 04:59 AM.

Opt

Opt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Wow thanks for your response, that is cool.