Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

converted to new case issue

• Please log in to reply

Tomcat21890

Tomcat21890

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I know very little to nothing about computers so it was probly a very bad idea to take my computer apart and put it back together in a new case. so does anyone know why my computer is not responding when i turn it on in this new case? either a cable is connected in the wrong port or my video cards broke anything will help.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi Tomcat21890! Welcome to Geeks to Go!

First off, have you read this thread and tried everything listed there? If not, tell us what works for you, or that you've double-checked everything and still no joy.

It says for a new build, but these steps still may help you.

Let us know :)

Tomcat21890

Tomcat21890

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ya i tried all that before i posted my problem and none of thoses worked so i dont know

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
just out of curiosity ...why did you change case's...
did you add more hardware when you switched case's or is it EXACTLY the same as before...
do you have your mobo manual...
does your mobo have a LED on it to let you know you have power to the mobo...and does it light up when the computer is plugged in and the switch on the power supply is turned on..
make sure the connectors for the power switch (from the front of the case) are on the right pins to the mobo

Tomcat21890

Tomcat21890

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i switched cases to be able to add more hardware in the future and ya the led on the mobo is on when the power supply is on and plugged in and it still doesnt work

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
please answer all the questions or this will take forever to try to help you..do you have the motherboard manual for your computer...
whats the make and model # of your computer..
does the cpu fan spin when you press the power button...
does the power supply fan spin when you try to start up..