Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Red Light! Scanner Error

• Please log in to reply

rscagle

rscagle

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I can print, but I cannot copy or scan. I have a little, solid red light and an error message as follows:

"Scanner error--------See your documentation and call service if necessary."

I lost a lot of original installation cds in an accident, so I can't just re-install the Smart Panel. I have un-installed and re-installed the two files from epson.com.

I contacted Epson via email. Their response was to contact a service rep. Big surprise.

I somehow lost the Smart Panel while cleaning up old files, shortcuts, etc. I think I might not have recognized that Seiko meant Epson. Oh well, I still have a problem. I also tried Restore. No luck.

I have searched and searched for a Smart Panel driver, but I cannot find one. I think I just need a good driver. Well, what do I know. ha.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I really need to copy something, and IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS.
Sincerely, R.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
have you unplugged the scanner both from power and the computer.

rscagle

rscagle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes, I did as you suggested, but it made no difference.

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
Epson Smart Panel 3.5 Upgrade $9.95

For Epson Smart Panel upgrade users only! (Windows Version)

UK

http://uk.newsoft.eu...t.asp?recNo=162

USA

http://www.newsoftin...oductid=NAI0038

rscagle

rscagle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It does not support my version, which is 5.40--thanks. If you are absolutely sure about which one would work, let me know!