Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Error 553 with outlook and windows mail

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Has anyone had a problem with vista and outlook and windows mail. I can receive mail but can't send mail. I get a 553 error. I have been on with tech support with Bright house and they think it is a problem with vista. I am running outlook on my desktop with XP and have no problem. All the setting are the same and verified as being right. Thanks

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You don't say which version of Outlook you are using but you need to use Outlook 2003 or later or it won't work properly with Windows Vista. I installed Outlook 2000 (from Office 2000 CD) on Vista Home Premium and it screwed up the 'Windows Mail' application as well as not working properly itself. The other Office 2000 applications work just fine, but you'll have to uninstall Outlook and use Windows Mail instead. I'm certainly not going to pay for a new version of Office just to get Outlook to work. In my case, Outlook 2000 caused so much mayhem I had to re-install Vista!

Edited by pip22, 02 November 2007 - 03:01 AM.

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I'm using 2003 and it is working right now for some reason. I didn't do any thing different but it's working. Thanks