Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please assist with assigning static IP to Xbox

• Please log in to reply

JoshD

JoshD

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey there, I have already set up the port forwarding on my router, but I don't really know how to set up a static IP for my XBox 360, I've tried it a few times and the test always fails after I'm done reassigning the IP numbers and whatnot. Could someone give me a step by step explanation of how to set my Xbox 360 to a static IP? :)

Argh! By the way, the router I am using is 2Wire's 2701HG-B model - not sure if that matters or not.

Edited by JoshD, 02 November 2007 - 12:36 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If your wireless router is set up to require a wireless-access security password (eg WEP or WPA encryption) you'll need to disable that feature as there's no way on the XBox 360 to enter a wireless access password. My son struggled for hours to get the Xbox to connect until we realised we had to turn wirelss access security off on the router first.

Edited by pip22, 02 November 2007 - 04:27 AM.

JoshD

JoshD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Nope, it's not wireless, and I've already configured the router. The problem is getting the Xbox to accept the new IP address that I wish to assign to it as valid.

JoshD

JoshD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Bump! :)