Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to 'Pep Up' Old Ni-MH Rechargable Batteries

• Please log in to reply

scottportraits

scottportraits

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Nov 2 , 2007

Hi Techies;

I have a bunch of AA batteries and a recharging gadget. They are Ni-MH 2200mAh rechargeable batteries, but as the years have elapsed they no longer take a full charge and poop-out on me.

Is there any way to 'pep-up' these batteries with the recharger? I've tried taking them out of the recharger after the light goes out and putting them right back in....the light goes on again for a while. Trying this over and over, to see if I can get them to accept a full charge....some seem to respond, but they still poop-out after just a little while....

Don't want to throw them away if they can be salvaged and made useful again. They are between two and four years old. Any suggestions??

- scottportraits

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Any rechargeable battery has a finite lifespan inasmuch as they can only be recharged so many times before they have to be thrown away. They are not 'everlasting'.

scottportraits

scottportraits

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Oh, okay - that must explain it. I used 'em up.