Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Processors

• Please log in to reply

Frasier

Frasier

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I am trying to choose between 2 laptops which cost the same but have different processors. Can anyone advise if the difference between a Core Duo T2350 at 1.86mhz and a Core 2 Duo T5500 at 1.66mhz, with the other specifications being the same eg 1gb memory and Home Premium, would be noticeable?
Thanks

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Without going into reading the architecture of the chips, the one thing i find that makes the T5500 chip a bit faster is that it runs on a 667 Mhz bus while the T2350 runs on a 533 Mhz bus. That alone would convince me to go for the T5500.

There is also this.

In 2007, Intel began branding the Yonah core CPUs as Pentium Dual-Core intended for lower-end mobile only computers, unlike the 64-bit Core microarchitecture CPUs branded as Intel Core 2 Duo (for higher-end computers) and also as Pentium Dual-Core (for lower-end desktops only). In short, the Core brand refers to processors with the "mobile" derivative of 32-bit Intel P6 microarchitecture (preceding the Core microarchitecture), whereas the Intel Core 2 Duo brand refers to CPUs with the 64-bit Core microarchitecture.

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 03 November 2007 - 01:54 PM.

Niles

Niles

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Thanks very much for the reply, that's very helpful.