Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looks like safe mode but it's not! Help :)

• Please log in to reply

Winter6879

Winter6879

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello,
I think I messed something up... I was messing around with updating the video card driver and now after reboot the computer looks like it is in safe mode but it's not. How can I fix this?
I have tried to update the driver again but that didn't work.
thanks
Nicole

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You should be able to "roll back" the driver to the one you had previously, like this:
1. Control Panel (classic view)->System
2. Click 'Hardware' tab, then 'Device Manager'
3. Find the video controller entry directly under 'Display adapters" and double-click it.
4. Click the 'Driver' tab and you should see a button labelled "Roll Back Driver". Click it.

If that doesn't work you could try 'System Restore', though I must confess here that I don't know if that option will "roll back" or restore a third-party device driver. Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore. It presents you with an on-screen calendar. Choose a date just before you installed the driver update.

Winter6879

Winter6879

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
System restore worked! Thank you so much :)
nicole