Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

bad connection problems

• Please log in to reply

wythered

wythered

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hola, im having hella problem with my connection...
my cable comany is "millenium Digital Media"
problem is, i lose connection to the net often, sometimes a few times in less then 2 hours, sometimes a few times in 8 hours, its random..
i'm usually using a router "linksys wrt54g" my modem is an aeris modem, when my connection is on and working, im usually on a game "ultima online" and using "ventrilo" i'll be ok one minute, and ping outragious the next minute, but when i run ping tests and bandwidth tests all over places everythings ok.
i've tried, straight hooking modem up to 3 pc's all have the same issue, i've replaced all the cables, i've replaced all the eth and wireless cards, i've replaced the modem 4 times, 2 diff kind of modems, replaced router 4 times, my isp argues with me, that everything checks out every single minute they ping my modem.
if i run a p2p program such as limewire, i can download really good, but it bogs everything else to a stand still "normally it should not do that"
i've had tech guy out here 6 times, and everytime its "everything checks out fine, im completely stumped on what could be the problem"
i've used different outlets in my house for power, i've reformatted all the pc's, to see if its hardware or software failure etc. i've turned my connection into a static ip, and port forwarded alot of stuff...
im literally at my wits end on this...
i've been reading boards for almost a month, trying all kinds of things i see suggested, non seem to work at all...
plz.... anyone with best suggestions, i need help :/

i've been posting this around a buttload of forums, "more minds is better then one" theory, so if this post is out of line for this forum im extremely sorry, im just totally at my wits end...
on another note if it helps
i've reformatted, got zone alarm as main firewall, i've gone through and removed all malware "spyware, adware etc" that i had on here.
im windows xp sp2

Advertisements