Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Flash Player

• Please log in to reply

stern

stern

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Currently experiencing problems with Adobe Flash Player as follows.

In add/remove it states that Adobe Flash Player Active x as being there but when I try to run some progs I am asked to install Adobe Flash Player which requires that I install it. I try to download, but it just does not download.
H/ever when I click on the contents in add/remove I request to repair. Upon doing so I receive the following attached screenshot message.
Can anyone help / suggest a possible solution.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Uninstall Flash and the active X control that goes with it, if you can. Reboot. Reinstall Flash. I know it sounds like the long way around the barn, but I haven't found another way, yet.
Johanna

stern

stern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi Johanna

Tks yr response. Your suggestion has been carried out but unfortunately problem still persists. In m/time still trying to sort it out. If any progress made will get back to you

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I remember someone saying you have to use the uninstaller.

http://kb.adobe.com/...rnalId=tn_14157

stern

stern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi All

The instructions mentioned regarding uninstaller has been carried out on more than one occassion but to no avail.
I have also tried to reinstall the player but no difference at all.

I am attaching two files referring to the installation but even though Adobe Flash Player appears in add/remove the location which I am trying to activate still showing up asking me to install the player.
The player does not appear to be installed because on each occasion when I try to install, no sooner than I click on the install icon, within seconds I am returned to the download center.
Hopefully you can see what I mean from the attached files

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Could be a registry problem like not clearing old keys or permissions to alter.

I would uninstall and run a registry cleaner to clean up.

Link

Link

stern

stern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi

Downloaded registry cleaner and got a surprise in that after the cleaner had finished it came up showing that there were over 1000 items needed repairing. This did not make sense bcs I have a reg cleaner other than that installed and whenever I do a scan with that cleaner it does not show up anything like the one suggested, Having said that, to do repairs it turns out that I would have to purchase which to me is a scam. I gave it a miss and sticking to the one I have installed.

I use a program called Secunia PSI which shows all programs installed and it showed Adobe Flash Player giving the path. The path turned out to be

c:\windows\last good\system 32\macromedia\flash\flash9d.ocx
unquote
Had a look at this file and wondered what it was all about. Took my chances,
decided to delete but not before backup of my registry

Having deleted found the following file during investigation
http://download.macr..._flash9_win.zip
unquote

Having downloaded this file, uninstalled the adobe flash player which was being shown in add/remove and ran the zip file shown above.

Rebooted and since then all is well. The only thing is, the fact that I do not reside in UK it is not possible to view video files provided by ITV. The fact is that adobe flash player is definitely installed correctly and working.

Perhaps it might not make sense but unable to input further being a novice who decided to be adventurous.

Your efforts appreciated