Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photoshop CS HeLp pLEase!

• Please log in to reply

zethy

zethy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi!

I'm new at this so if i sound like i have no idea what i am talking about..i probably dont.

Anywho..my dilema is w/ my PS-CS. Everytime i open up an image file in CS, the quality of the picture seems to be corrupted. It's become pixalated and the colors are all off. BUT if i was to view in my file browser in windows explorer, everything is normal. I also tried to open it w/ paint...and it looks perfectly fine. It's been doing this quite frequently. I re-installed the program numerous times..but nothing seems to work. PLEASE HELP ME! THANKS IN ADVANCE! :tazz:

Advertisements

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Zethy:

Welcome aboard!! Nothing wrong with posting questions like that,,, we are here to help each other and learn from these problems.

As far as your problem goes - when yu open an image in CS try clicking on the image tab on the top button. then mode then try playing around with the settings there like the 16 bit and 8 bit settings. Also The different colour modes there like RGB, CMYK etc etc

Hope this helps... If it doesn't then check back here and see what others have to say, even though i have a feeling that palying with image, modes will fix the problem!!

Once again, welcome aboard and please do be patient when yu post a question as it takes time for people to reply and sort out things!!

:tazz:

cobhcf

cobhcf

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Welcome,
Every time you open photoshop, it scales the image to fit the window. Your image might have been scaled or zoomed out to fit. Probably, thats why, it looks pixelated. Try zooming in using the zoom tool or pressing ctrl plus +. The status bar will specify, how zoomed ur pic is. If it is in 100%, that is the real size of the pic and it shuld look ok. I hope this helps.

Cheers! :tazz: