Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Sata Issues

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've recently bought a new sata dvd player/burner for my system (xp). (Samsung 20x dvd r dvd burner black sata model sh-s203b) from newegg. I have had other sata things in my system before my reformat and they worked fine. After I reformated I bought this new dvd burner and I realised none of my sata items are showing up. I built my own computer and im quite capable of knowing that it is plugged into my motherboard has power and should be funtional. I thought, well maybe I need some drivers, although newegg will normally give you a cd if there mandatory. My cd drive has power, opens up, and I can even see it as a option to boot from in my bios. But back to my point, i downloaded the firmware for this product from samsung's direct source ( http://www.samsung.c...d...=FM&vType=L ) and they set it when you unzip it its quite messy. One of the three things i saw when i unzipped there firmware is one click firmware update, which my system couldnt open.
and two other things i couldnt figure out how to install, but they were just windows with the drive name, but dont see anything to do with it. If you have any suggestions ill try em out, but im quite dissapointed in myself that I havnt fixed it my for quite a while and am looking for some help.

Thanks For Reading-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Have you reinstalled the chipset drivers for your motherboard? If not, I think that is going to be your issue.

Edited by Titan8990, 03 November 2007 - 08:37 AM.