Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware problem that "wasn't"... help needed!

• Please log in to reply

ivo04

ivo04

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hi all,

I have been sent here by the guys on the malware forum, who have been unable to "fix" a problem I initially thought was some sort of virus.

Basiaclly, every so often, my computer simply disconnects from the www, without warning. It then takes me 5-6 attempts to be able to continue "stress free" www surfing.

I don't really know what else to add at this stage, so perhaps one of you can advise.

The link to the post in the malware forum is here:

http://www.geekstogo...d....html&st=60

Regards

:)

Edited by ivo04, 03 November 2007 - 11:03 AM.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to install firefox and see if the problem is still there.

ivo04

ivo04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hi there The Skeptic,

last night my modem packed up completely, so I have changed it today. I will continue to monitor the situation before downloading firefox: it could be that it was a modem/hardware problem all along. I will get back to you in a couple of days, just to let you know how everything is going with this modem.

Regards, :)

Edited by ivo04, 04 November 2007 - 04:11 AM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Could be hardware problem for sure.

ivo04

ivo04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hi there. Despite the new modem, I kept losing www connection, so, as you suggested, I downloaded Firefox. It all looks a bit different, but I am sure i will get used to it.

I will let you know if the connection problems happens again.

At first glance, it does seem a bit quicker...