Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quicken Backup to cd doesn't back up

• Please log in to reply

curtis62

curtis62

• Pip
  • 5 posts
When attempting to back up my Quicken money file to my cd the cd player comes up with unable to write to drive D:
How do I configure my CD player to accept my Quicken File? Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Hello Curtis62,

It doesn't sound like its a problem with the Quick file. Have you tried writing any other types of files to CD? I sounds like there is a problem with your burner. You might want to consider a flashdrive for backup, I think you will find it more efficient than CD's.

PsychPosse

curtis62

curtis62

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes all other files, Music, Pictures and text burn perfectly to the CD it seems that just the Quicken File is the only one that I have problems with. I have to use my floppy drive to back up the Quicken file. My floppy is my A: drive and D: is my CD Drive. This is why I do not understand why the Quicken file will not transfer to the CD.