Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing paint games and calculator

• Please log in to reply

JaMoniJones

JaMoniJones

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Some time ago my Microsoft paint games and calculator disappeared off my system. I didn’t think much about it because I really didn’t use the programs. Now that I need the problems I would like to get them back. I do not remember uninstalling them. I do not have a restore point on my computer to receive the files. I also do not have a back up cd with the programs. I have tried to replace these items by add remove components feature in the control panel however, no luck. I am using windows xp with sever pack 2. If someone could help me resolve my issues I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by JaMoniJones, 03 November 2007 - 04:10 PM.

Advertisements

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Hello JaMoniJones,

Is it possible that just your shortcuts have been deleted (from the start menu)?
Navigate to C:\WINDOWS\system32 and scroll down through the system 32 folder (DO NOT DELETE THINGS). Look for the missing programs there, everything is in alphabetical order: calc, mspaint, and your games are listed by name as well: freecell, mshearts, sol, spider, etc..
If you find them there, you can click on and drag them to your start menu, or just right click and send to desktop. This will create a new shortcut to the program.

PsychPosse

JaMoniJones

JaMoniJones

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Yes, thats what it was. Thank you very much

bharathreddy

bharathreddy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I faced this problem too. I wrote a post on my blog that gives atleast three alternatives ways of fixing the 'calculator and paint missing issue'. Please visit:http://bharathreddyt.wordpress.com/2009/02/25/calculator-paint-missing-in-windows-xp/