Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tablet PC memory upgrade

• Please log in to reply

b35751

b35751

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an RM tablet PC RM.com product description which I bought about 6 months ago. I went for the Intel Mobile Celeron M ULV 900MHz version with 256MB DDR Memory, mainly because of cost and I thought I could get a memory upgrade cheaper elsewhere.

According to the memory upgrade option offered on the RM webpage, RM memory upgrade it specifies DDR PC2700 SODIMM for both 256 and 512MB options. My preference is for 512MB.

However, according to the specifications tab of the Product description page (1st link, above), it says that I need 266MHz for the Celeron M.

Thats the background. Well, I've looked, and I am finding it very difficult to find 512MB of PC2700 266MHz DDR SODIMM memory. My local storeman has had trouble too, and says it is quite old. My questions are;

Does this memory actually exist?
Can I use a substitute, such as PC2100 ?

Here is some info from Everest:
Posted Image

Thanks,
Bryan

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
DDR PC2700 is 333MHz RAM by definition, you can't get 266MHz PC2700 which is why you can't find it.

You can however, put a stick of PC2700 (333MHz) DDR into a system running at 133MHz (doubled to 266MHz) & it should work. It just means it will run at the lower speed of 266 not 333.

Theres no reason I can think of a PC2100 (266MHz) ram stick won't work either, seeing as your system is running at that speed anyway

b35751

b35751

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I suspected as much.
Thanks