Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
If you can't get Ewido to work, then please do this:

I need you to download MWav

This scan takes around 3 hours to finish when set to scan everything. I need you to run MWav, put a check next to below items before scanning:

*Memory
*Startup Folders
*Drive - All Local Drives
*Folder - then click "browse" to change the directory to C: (default is C:\Windows)
*Registry
*System Folders
*Services
*Include Sub-Directory
*Scan All Files

Please make sure ALL of these are checked, then press the scan button. This will take hours to complete.

**NOTE*** Sometimes MWav will pause and it appears to be finished, but it isn't done. Just let it run.

Highlight the portion of the scan that lists infected items and hold CTRL + C to Copy then paste it here. The whole log will be extremely big so there is no way to copy the whole thing. I just need the infected items list.

Advertisements

joshuageeks6999

joshuageeks6999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Ok...MWav it is...tried jEwido again, no luck...i'll be back :tazz: joshua

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
I'll be here :tazz:

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
...wherefore art thou, Joshua?!

lol j/k :tazz:

Just want to see if you're going to be able to get on tonight to finish cleaning your system (we're really close!!)

Michelle ;)

joshuageeks6999

joshuageeks6999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Hi..I'm back!! Are we close???truly?really?....i'm sort of wanting that to be true!!!....you know, ready to move on to some other problem, fascinating as this is...so, i ran MWav...about 2 hours and 5 minutes, and steak fajitas, ice tea, mowed the yard...walked the pup later....

however, the virus log is longgggggggggggg....like 101 pages in notepad...do you still want me to include that here?? it's ready and waiting if you are...actually, I know you're ready and wanting more!! but...thought maybe you'd want me to print it and send it by FedEx or something since there are so many....joshua

joshuageeks6999

joshuageeks6999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
:tazz: ..........that's 3042 viruses.....101 pages......"just the virus log, mam...just the virus log" Yes, agent Friday...that's what I said...just the virus log...

...the whole log...saved that too....is 6625 pages! Like you said...big. joshua ;)

joshuageeks6999

joshuageeks6999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Yea!!! I see you!!! ....nice to be so close.....to you that is :tazz: , actually on at the same time, just like it use to be, long ago...last week....close to being done!!...and the other account!!! too!!!??? joshua

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
OMG! Just the infected items list is 100 pages??! 3,042 viruses!!?? Umm WOW. I'm game if you are...except I just want you to e-mail the list because there is no way that's fitting here!

joshuageeks6999

joshuageeks6999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Hi, it should be there...coming from my work account....isomedia....hmmmm ...i'll see if i can figure out the PM thing here...joshua

...oops...forgot it was going to Texass...may be awhile... :tazz:

Edited by joshuageeks6999, 25 April 2005 - 08:31 PM.

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Just so you know this is going to take FOREVER to do! I thought we were close until MWav came back with that many viruses. I have never seen a computer that had so many infected items! I'm still floored :tazz:

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
I'll PM you another e-mail address because this log is probably too big.

joshuageeks6999

joshuageeks6999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
....could it be that i'm just that attractive ;) ......

Okay, so what are you suggesting...would it be quicker for me to load up the puter and start walking toward Texas or what...???

Seriously, i have put together another system...will have it up and running tomorrow....so, since i'm going to remove a faulty CD player here, i've thought about just wiping out the harddrive, etc...it would be fairly easy...only a few things on here that i'd have to worry about...

I am game if you are, but i trust your judgement, I'm at your mercy.....i'll service you, i mean..I'll be back here ...whenever you can use...I mean...when you want me..i mean...i'll come again and again...i mean....okay, so ....when you want me back out here, I'll be here... :tazz: joshua

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
rofl! :tazz:

Ok, it's up to you...you tell me what you want to do! You can either wipe the hard-drive clean or we can manually delete 3,042 viruses... Whatever you want to do! I'm here to help so it doesn't matter to me either way just as long as we get your system clean of that nasty crap! ;)

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
sysdba - It's actually not too hard to remove the smitfraud infection. I'm going to go ahead and move your post to it's own topic so that you can get some help! :tazz:

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Joshua - I got it (nearly froze up my MS word haha j/k)

Ok, this isn't going to take as long as I thought! Most of the infected items are quarantined! YAY! Go here:

C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine

Delete EVERYTHING that is quarantined there (don't delete the Quarantine folder just the items in it).

Or an alternative way is to open Norton, click on "reports", then click on "View Report" under Quarantined Items and delete everything in there.

Then I need you to go into Microsoft Anti-Spyware program and delete everything it has quarantined also.