Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PhotoGallery/Microsoft.NET Framework

• Please log in to reply

BrianTheLoser

BrianTheLoser

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Every time I start up my laptop it starts to install "PhotoGallery", and then it keeps popping back up until I cancel it about 5-6 times. Then I get a dialog which says "Microsoft .NET Framework - An unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. Click continue and application will ignore this error and attempt to contine." In details is says something about JIT Debugging. No matter how many times I hit continue it keeps coming back. Help please?

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Have you tried a thorough scan with with antimalware programs? You may use the link in my signature to the malware forum of G2G and run all the prelliminary steps. if still no good follow the instructions and post a HJT report.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
I believe that you are actually experiencing a Windows Installer error.
Sometimes Installer 'thinks' it has unfinished business. In your case, with Photo Gallery. The .NET error is likely due to a Photo Gallery hook.

If Photo Gallery came on a disc, allow the Installer to continue to the point at which it asks for the disc. Insert it and let installer finish its business.

If Photo Gallery was installed from a file, it will be necessary to un- and then re-install it.

If Photo Gallery has been uninstalled, use the "Installer Cleanup Utility:
http://support.micro...kb;en-us;290301

Download, install, and run the Utility. It will present a list of applications for which Installer has references. Click Photo Gallery once to highlight, and then press the Remove button at the lower right.
The errors will stop.

Do not use the Utility on any program that you want to remain functional. A re-installation to the same directory will be required.