Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox acting up. 'You have chosen to open ebayISAPI.dll from htt

• Please log in to reply

platinum gold

platinum gold

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I'm trying to log into ebay and having terrible problems, (other log-in sites let me sign in fine) even though my username is at the top when I first go on, it remembers me from last time and I see I'm logged in. But whenever I goto do something like revise an auction, and it wants me to sign in, it has my username pre-filled out, I just have to pop in my password..fair enough, this is where it starts to go pear shaped.

It then wants me to sign in for a second time, even though I just did, but this time it has even removed my username so I have to fill in both fields. Sometimes this works, but when I goto revise an auction to change the category, or do something that requires ebay to do carry out an action, firefox actually tries to download a .dll file!

"You have chosen to open ebayISAPI.dll from http:/cgi5.ebay.co.uk
What should firefox do with this file?
Open with... dllfile (default)
Or save to disk?"

Whats going on? Its annoying the [bleep] out of me as I sell on ebay daily, and cant alter my ads or sign in properly unless I click the IE engine tab in the bottom right to use ebay now.

Whats worse is that in the Internet Explorer engine option, I don't get the cut/copy/paste menu when I right click the highlighted text in the edit auction page, in 'edit HTML' where I want to change a few lines of code around, its only offering me select all, view background image, reload etc whereas ion firefox it gives me the cut/copy/paste options in that page even in the 'edit HTML' section.

Advertisements