Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen - IFSMGR(01)

• Please log in to reply

Poetic.Garbage

Poetic.Garbage

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hello!

Manufacturer & Computer Model: HP Pavilion XE783
RAM: 256 mB
Processor: 700MHz
Browsers: IE & Firefox (Error occurs with both)
AV: Avast!
N.I.C. Manufacturer: Netgear

I suspect this is dealing with network card of the machine due to the fact that the error doesn't occur unless I am attempting to access anything on the network/internet, although when I check the device manager it says there are no conflicts with the device. The details I have are that while attempting to accessing a network resource or website there is a blue screen with the following info.
IFSMGR(01) + 0000390F Error: 0E : 0028 : 6003635F

After hitting enter to get out of this blue screen a second passes and the following shows up on a blue screen
Error: 0D : 0246 : 016747FB

After hitting enter to get out of this blue screen a second passes and the following shows up on a blue screen
Error: 0D : 0ADC : 0167268B

After hitting enter to get out of this blue screen I am able to navigate the web for a short time and then the a blue screen comes up saying the system is busy or has become unstable, and I'm forced to turn off & restart the machine.

I am currently scanning for and removing any malware. Your help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I had a similar problem with a older Win 98SE computer.

This problem is most likely caused by USB hardware not being detected properly when used in a networking environment, such as when computers are connected together with USB devices, especially when using Hubs.

I could not fix the problem so i finally switched to different network setup to fix it.

1) to troubleshoot, try removing the hub, and temporarily connecting the computers with the computer's internal USB ports to see if the problem goes away.

2) boot the computer in safe mode, and look in the control panel/Device Manager for any wrong USB devices or any duplicate USB devices and remove them from within safe mode. Then reboot the computer to allow it to re-detect the devices

SRX660

Poetic.Garbage

Poetic.Garbage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
At this time the only usb device that I am using is a mouse. I am not sure what Gary, my friend who owns the computer I'm working on, may be using as far as usb devices go. I will be in contact with him tomorrow though and will ask if there is anything that he uses.

I have done what I can so far on the malware end of it, and it is still malfunctioning. If it doesn't turn out to be a usb device I will be posting a malware log so someone with more expertise can have a look at what's going on. I am aware of posting it in the malware forum and not in this one.

Thank you for the input!