Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Brontok

• Please log in to reply

juice005

juice005

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Recently, i had problems with Brontok worm... Surfing the web, i found programs just for cleaning that worm... Reboot computer in safe mode, run AVG scanner, and after that two programs fro removing Brontok (Bassam and Remover)... After that, system was clean... After first reboot, windows (XP pro) shoes only desktop wallpaper, without any icons and goes to welcome screen... There is only administrator (without password) and i click on it... Again, just wallpaper and welcome screen again... Same thing happens in a safe mode and any other mode i try to get in... So, i cannot access to my windows installation and dont know how to log on windows again... I would try to do "repair installation" from WinXP CD but i want to ask you guys first what to do?? is there any solution??

Thanks in advance...

Advertisements