Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AHA-2940 and WinXP Pro

• Please log in to reply

JenksOK

JenksOK

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings,

Let me start off by saying I have searched and read about this for days and keep coming up empty handed. I speak computer (to an extent) and have a couple degrees in programming (but no real world experience). Be gentle...

Anyway, I am trying to setup a new UMAX 2100XL scanner and a legacy Nikon film scanner. I'm running WinXP Pro and using an older Adaptec AHA-2940/AHA-2940W SCSI Host Adapter. Like many of the threads I've read, I get the "BIOS not loaded" message during boot and both SCSI scanners are listed.

So far so good, right? Nothing is ever that easy. After loading the specified drivers, neither of the devices are detected...either with the scanner software or TWACK_32. Interestingly, both devices are detected and operate via the ASPI layer. This is functional, but not my first choice since it doesn't integrate with Photoshop. The Adaptec site doesn't list **ANY** drivers for XP and I've exhausted the support resources at the UMAX site. Anyone have a clue what I need to do to get XP to play with this beast (it's a monstrous scanner)?

Thanks!!

Edited by JenksOK, 05 November 2007 - 09:29 PM.

Advertisements