Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

gaming graphics

• Please log in to reply

markusc

markusc

• Pip
  • 6 posts
im annoyed, the game world in conflict says it requirs only like game rating of 3.0, and mines 5.4 base score. but i cant run the game with dx10 graphics coz it lags when i ahve it set on High. my computer is better than all the recomended requirements so its annyoing that i cant play with good graphics. What type of pc requirements do u think would be able to play world in conflict or bioshock with very high graphics and that doesnt lag?

Advertisements

Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Hello.

a) Post your current computer setup.

b) Post the full game minimum/recommended requirements.

markusc

markusc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
My basic comp:

Processor: Core 2 duo E6750 @ 2.66Ghz
Ram: 2Gig
Graphics card: Gigabyte 8600GT 512MB
Hard drive: 150Gig

World in conflict:

Operating systems: Windows XP or Vista (32-bit)
CPU: 2.5 Ghz or Faster (2.8 GHz for Vista)
RAM: 1 GB (1.5 GB for Vista)
2.5 GB of free HD Space
Video Card:128 MB Video RAM, DirectX 9.0c Compatible (GeForce 4 MX, Radeon 8500, 9200 Not Supported)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Try going back a direct x version to directx10, or try see if there are any download patches for the game as it may - although dx10 is backward-compatible, it may still be having problems with that. What value of FPS are you getting? Try a freeware graphic card testing program to compare your stats to what the card *should* be getting.

markusc

markusc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
sweet thanks, ill try that otherwise ill jsut live with average graphics. I dont quite remember my results for the test, but anything from high onwards, it started going into the 'red' frames per second. Ill just google some freeware graphics card program, unless u got any in mind?

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
The 8600gt is a mid-range dx10 card. Therefore, you cannot expect to play on high settings. Try lowering the settings, or lowering the resolution.