Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

isass.exe - Laptop can not boot up

• Please log in to reply

bizquik9181

bizquik9181

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I know I've seen this answered here but I'm a little confused about where and how to start with this:

First, my computer will not boot up and will not boot up in safe mode, but will boot up to the last known correct log-in (or whatever its called). It goes to load windows then I get an error message: isass.exe system error -or- Lsass.exe system error. I've been told its the sasser worm, and before I tried to reboot my computer and suspicious program was loading onto my computer and couldn't get it to stop. After the program was loaded onto my computer, I quickly deleted it and ran virius software (SpySweeper) - the results from the virus scan said something was found in memory and the computer needed to be restarted. From there the computer would not reboot giving me the isass.exe system error -or- Lsass.exe system error.

Once, I started the computer form the last known correct start-up after I couldn't boot up normally and re-boot in safe mode. I ran Spysweeper and same message that in order for the the scan results to take effect the computer must be restarted and from there it goes to restart but will not I get the same isass.exe system error -or- Lsass.exe system error.

Running - Windows XP

Advertisements

bizquik9181

bizquik9181

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My laptop loops and keeps trying to reboot after every time I click -OK-. Also, it only starts up by clicking F8 when windows is first booting up (like you would to start the computer in safe mode) I have to go through the last known good configuration to start up the computer.

Any Ideas...Please Help!!

Thanks.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Heres a couple of sites to read up on this problem.

Lsass.exe problem
http://www.askdaveta...ot_windows.html

Windows XP install
http://www.windowsne...s/wxpinstl.html

XP recovery console
http://www.windowsne...s/wxprcons.html

SRX660

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Boot up the computer in safe mode woth command prompt (if possible). please post your topic in the malware forum (a link in my list of programs below). Take all the prerequisite preliminary steps. After the experts from the malware forum confirm that the computer is clean, and if the problem persists, post back in this forum. It might take some time because they are quite busy there.