Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Prevent showing in Recently Used Programs

• Please log in to reply

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
I don't want Logitech QuickCam to show after you select Start in those Recently Used Programs that show up just above Start. So I go here - http://support.micro...b;EN-US;q284198
I open RegEdit - under My Computer>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
I scroll down till I find Logitech.VideoEffectPackageHandler, I see DefalutIcon, shell, open and command. I keep scrolling.
I don't see QuickCam so I keep scrolling.
When I went into HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Logitech>quickcam but then that had Updater under it.
Didn't know what to do so I just got out of RegEdit and left it alone without making any changes.

Can anyone offer assistance?
bama

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You were right in 'coming out' of the registry editor -- we don't advise members to mess with that.
There is a way to prevent ANY recently used programs from showing above the 'Start' button without a registry hack.
It does mean that no shortcuts will show there, but it may be okay for you.
It's a setting in Windows itself:

Right-click the 'Start' button and choose 'Properties'.
Under the 'Start Menu' tab click 'Customise'.
Where it says "Number of programs on Start menu", click the drop-down and choose '0'
Now click the 'Clear List' button.
Click 'OK' and 'OK' again.