Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NETGEAR WG111 issues

• Please log in to reply

alestor666

alestor666

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
the situation is there is a wireless piece the WG111 that should have a blue led light when plugged in but randomly one day the wireless networks disapeared from the network connections list and whenever you runteh wireless WG111 setup wizard will show in the task menue of processes currently running but will not show as an active window or for that matter even be visable tried a beta software and the stable model and both do the same. any ideas much appreciated because without this wireless adapter there is no way for a computer to get on and the adapter will not light up blue when its connected no matter what i figured maby windows would give the usual "found new hardware" but maybe that isnt so with this particular model

Advertisements

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hi welcome to G2G. I have a couple of questions. What operating system are you using? Also What happens when you plug your computer directly into your router? Also What is the whole model # They have 4 either WG111v1-V4?

Tom

Edited by Hawaiantom, 06 November 2007 - 06:28 PM.

alestor666

alestor666

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Hi welcome to G2G. I have a couple of questions. What operating system are you using? Also What happens when you plug your computer directly into your router? Also What is the whole model # They have 4 either WG111v1-V4?

Tom

its an XP service pack 2 i think haven't tried directly into the router as it was originally set up with wireless and all the other PCs in the house can get on wirelessly and one wired the version of the wireless adapter is WG111V2

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
This where you can find the correct driver here. Follow all the instructions to a tee an you should be in business

This is right on there website
Known bugs * The utility might not properly detect the internet connection status.

I Hope this helps

Tom