Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Video Card Problem/Issue/Error for All-In-Wonder 7500

• Please log in to reply

marco49

marco49

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Im new here and thought someone could help.

My monitor recently started losing picture and/or the picture would become completly distorted while I watched numerous videos on youtube and had photoshop open. I would hear sound but the picture would be distorted. Then sometimes PC would crash or hang and reboot and the picture was still distorted. I would log in and get an error report from Microsoft stating: Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078).
The links for the errors and their resolvment are here: http://wer.microsoft...e982f29361#here

I tried updating my ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 7500 Drivers and the problem still persisted. I also tried the microsoft resolutions listed in the link above (Hardware acelleration slide to 'none') but problem would happen again after I opened photoshop/surfed web, opened dvd player simultaniously. Since this started last week, I bought a new ATI RADEON 9550 and haven't had the problem since. Could it be that my old 7500 card is dying? I want to install the old card again becuase I used certain features not presently available in the 9550 card.

PC SETUP:
AMD ATHLON/BARTON 2500+ 1.83ghz processor
1GIG RAM
ASUS A7V8X-X motherboard
Dell 20.1" widscreen LCD

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Don't take this the wrong way, but since you've replaced the card and your problems have cleared up, why do you insist on having the old one when you know its faulty?

If you used the features of the previous All-In-Wonder card, you can obtain new All-In-Wonder cards that probably add a bit more value than your old one.

marco49

marco49

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
They discontinued the All-In-Wonder line. To have all my old featured I would need to invest in a TV tuner as well which puts me past the $150 mark.
Is it possible that K-Lite Codec pack which I installed 10 days before all the above issues are the cause?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
I guess it's possible. Try uninstalling the K-Lite Codecs and see if anything changes.

marco49

marco49

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I uninstalled K-Lite and the problem still persists. I believe the issue is Adobe Photoshop CS3. When I have it open and I am copying and pasting images from IE, photoshop starts slowing down in responding, then when i do copy and past too fast for photoshop the screen blanks out and the problem occurs. I believe since my All-In-Wonder 7500 is only 64mb card, it's having trouble with the resources required to run Photoshop CS3 (albeit CS3's minimum sys requirements is a 64mb card).

The last troubleshooting I will do is install the new ATI RADEON 9550 256mb video card and try the same copy and past thing i was doing with Photoshop and IE. If the problem doesn't come up, then issue is most certainly the low 64mb card (albeit the card itself is not defective).

PS> I also went into BIOS and creased "GRAPHICS APERTURE SIZE" to 128MB from 64MB.
I also changed the "AGP Capability" from AUTO to 4X.

Edited by marco49, 06 November 2007 - 10:37 PM.

marco49

marco49

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok so to conclude in case anyone else has this issue, I believe the problem was Photoshop CS3 and my 64mb video card's inability to multitask while CS3 was open/being used while I also surfed the web and wathc several youtube videos at the same time. Once I installed the 256mb card and repeated the same multitasking that had caused my 64mb card to fail, the 256mb was able to multitask without problems and the system has yet to hang or reboot on me.

FIN