Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

iTUNES Missing Files Error

• Please log in to reply

secureman

secureman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I connected my daughters iPOD to download a song for her. When I started iTUNES it asked about upgrading to 7.5. I thought it had completed the update so I downloaded the song. While in process it would not stop the download. I had to unplug the iPOD (screen said do not disconnect). I restarted iTUNES. While starting I get an error message "Missing Files....Reinstall ITUNES". I have tried installing again and again...same message. I installed just Quicktime. Still same problem with Itunes .....missing files. All songs were also gone on my daughters iPOD. Any help would be really appreciated.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Try completely removing (uninstalling) iTunes on your PC first, then re-install using the latest version from the apple website.
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Edited by pip22, 07 November 2007 - 04:14 AM.

secureman

secureman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried uninstalling itunes and quicktime. Reinstalled itunes - still comes up with the following error that comes up everytime the install gets to "Unregistering iTunes Automation Server": "Itunes cannot run because some of the required files are missing. Please reinstall iTunes."

I tried uninstalling itunes/quicktime and installing older versions of iTunes. They load with no problem or errors. When I try to start iTunes an error comes up that the library is a different version and the startup stops after clicking OK.

Thanks for any suggestions someone may have.

secureman

secureman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Problem fixed!!! Anyone having this problem try uninstalling Quicktime and reinstalling Quicktime 7.2. It worked for me and all song were still there.