Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook 2007 Composing New Message and Contacts

• Please log in to reply

rebelfan

rebelfan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I compose a new message and start typing a contacts name that is in my address book, it does not bring it up? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
BD

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello BD,

Sounds to me like the "Suggest" option is off. You can turn it on by doing the following:
Go to Tools | Options, click the Preferences tab, select Advanced e-Mail Options, and check/tick "Suggest names while completing To, CC and BCC fields".

Regards,

Ax

rebelfan

rebelfan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thats already selected but its still not auto-completing to fields.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Try renaming the *.NK2 file for your profile (C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook) and restart Outlook. Outlook will create a new one for you.

Note: You can rename or delete the NK2 file if you want to get rid of all addresses in your autocomplete file.

(Source:Tip 132: Suggest names doesn't work?)

Regards,

Ax

Edited by Ax238, 12 November 2007 - 04:20 PM.