Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

possibly silly question... regarding ntde1ect.com virus

• Please log in to reply

peacoat

peacoat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
This might be a silly question. I just discovered that my USB flash drive is infected with the ntde1ect.com virus. There is also an autorun file in there as well. I noticed these files when I took a look at the drive on my MAC. I am a new Mac users so I'm not sure if I'm dealing with this the right way. I've scanned my computer and the virus has been quarantined. If i select the quarantined file and delete it... is that all I have to do to get rid of the virus from my computer?? Sorry, I know this might be a crazy silly question. I always hear people say if you're using a Mac, you'll never have to worry about viruses again but I'd like to be careful and not end up passing these viruses along to other systems. Anyway, am I following the right procedures in getting rid of a virus on a mac?
thanks in advance :)

Advertisements