Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Flashing Between connected and disconnected.

• Please log in to reply

THFC

THFC

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Dear GTG,

I have an issue with my Laptop (Not this one, but with this connection being used on it).

The Laptop worked fine at another location for many years (whilst at University) with an ethernet broadband connection, but has never worked at my home location, so I know the laptop is fine.

I am currently using somebody elses laptop on the connection so as far as I am aware, evrything is fine with the modem and cable etc.

On the Laptop in question, which is Windows XP Acer, I used to connect at Uni via a router with a Mac Miniport, and there was a bridged connection which reads 1934 connection, that was a couple of years ago. Last year I used the Laptop with no problems at another place all year, where I just plugged it in and used it when I wanted. Not sure if its relevant but may help.

There is another network connection (LAN) which flashes between connected and disconnected when viewing the network connections via Control Panel menu. The green and amber lights flash on and off in the port at the back of the Laptop, but not at the speed you see when the connection is working, I would say they flash on and off twice per second.

As I say, the time has come where I need to use my home connection full time now, but it has never worked on this particular Laptop, It seems as though a setting has to be changed, which is where the brains of this site come in!

Thanks for youe time.

Edited by THFC, 07 November 2007 - 10:35 AM.

Advertisements