Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

VISUAL LOGIC HELP!

• Please log in to reply

froogle leader

froogle leader

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, i need some serious help. i was given an assignment telling me to write a program that (when you type in an element name) it will tell you the atomic number and the amount of electrons in each electron shell. well, heres the trick, you have to get the atomic number via a file... i have it, but whenever i try to type in an element, i get the first one every time. so, if i typed in helium, or lithium or so on... i would always end up with hydrogen. so... i hope someone can help me out here. :)

froogle

Advertisements

Ketev Meriri

Ketev Meriri

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Well since it is your assignment ... I'd first like to hear from you how you attack the problem before helping out.

Edited by Ketev Meriri, 08 November 2007 - 12:25 AM.

Ketev Meriri

Ketev Meriri

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Also would you mind giving a sample of how the data is kept in the file ? is it something like:

Hydrogen 1
Helium 2

I mean how is the element name and atomic no. separated in the file ?

froogle leader

froogle leader

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
well, the data is setup like

hydrogen
helium

ect.
i tried various ways with the output... i tried getting it to output directly from the file. THAT didnt work... im not sure how to go about anything else