Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Duplicate e-mails on Outlook

• Please log in to reply

dorsettaffy

dorsettaffy

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I too am having problems with duplicate e-mails in Outlook, but there are never duplicates in my Web-mail. This has only occurred since I changed my ISP and switched to Broadband. I also receive a Sending / Receiving message which reads:

Task 'Alun's mail - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90): Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ?□?□□'

When this happens I get an identical message for my wife's e-mail address except that the string at the end may or may not be different. It is never the same string in subsequent error messages.

I have contacted my ISP and they have tried very hard to help me without any success. At their request I have deleted our e-mail accounts and then set them up again. I hacve also tried receieing mail with Norton Anti-virus turned off and the Windows firewall turned off.

Be very grateful for help yet again

Dorsettaffy :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Error 0x800CCC90 is also known as an "incorrect password" error. It may indicate an issue with the account on the provider end.
Does this only occur when you're collecting email from your current ISP or does it only occur when you're collecting email from your old ISP?

dorsettaffy

dorsettaffy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
It occurs when I am collecting mail from my current ISP (PlusNet). I could only collect mail from my old ISP (tesco.net) via web-mail after going live with Plus.Net (my choice), but my contract expired yesterday and I can no longer log in to that server.

Dorsettaffy

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is usually a provider problem.
However do you have any software on your computer that does POP3 email scanning? AVG and Norton and some other programs do this. Said program may be interfering.

dorsettaffy

dorsettaffy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I was running Norton Protection Centre until yesterday afternoon, but removed it using Norton Removal Tool and replaced it with Avast. Still getting duplicate messages this morning plus the Send / Receive error messages.