Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I capture output to printer?

• Please log in to reply

NextStopAnywhere

NextStopAnywhere

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello...

I need help figuring out how to capture output to a printer. I do not have a printer connected to my laptop, so normally when I need to print something, I print it to PDF995, which creates a PDF of the file. I then copy the PDF to my flash drive and print it elsewhere.

The problem I have is with a website that I need to print from. It is designed to send print output directly to the default printer. not allowing me to view what is being printed, or else I would just do a print-screen, etc. I've tried printing to the PDF995 and other print-to-file apps, but it gives me an error and insists on a real printer.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a work-around?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Which site would this be then? Most of them pop up a standard Print Dialogue.

NextStopAnywhere

NextStopAnywhere

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
It is a website that prints coupons. To do this, I had to install some little application from the website called a coupon printer which does the printing. So I can't see the print output until it is printed. I assume they do this to limit the amount printed, but unfortunately for people like me, it prevents me from using it altogether...

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Where is this site please?

NextStopAnywhere

NextStopAnywhere

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
one of them is www.verybestcoffee.com

thanks... :)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
It sounds like they are doing this to prevent coupon fraud.

Have you tried "print to file" and see if that works?

NextStopAnywhere

NextStopAnywhere

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes, I've tried that with several "printers" such as the Office XPS printer and a PDF printer. I get an error message about the printer being incompatible.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm with starjax...they probably do this to avoid fraud...if you could print it to a file then you'd be able to print out as many coupons as possible..i'd imagine the reason they make you use the "little application from the website called a coupon printer which does the printing"...that app probably restricts you to one coupon from any one location