Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

EXCEL2003 Protected Document

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have created a doc in excel, of which each month we receive over 200 Lost/Found items in a major shopping centre in Brisbane.

I like to (highlight particular cells and give it a unique NAME like Followup123) enabling me to locate it simply by refering back using the NAME cell at top left of screen. However, now that i have protected my document i am unable to include new items into the NAME Cell without first unprotecting the document each time. This is way too time consuming.

Is there any way that i can continue to use the NAME cell whilst my document is protected or do i have to
find another way of highlighting outstanding items for follow up?

Thank you in advance..... Gee i hope there is a solution cause i've tried everything and am so frustrated. :)

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The idea of Office's document protection feature is to stop them from being altered accidentally. There's no way around this except to temporarily unprotect the document (otherwise the protection feature would be pointless wouldn't it?).