Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Very strange problem

• Please log in to reply

Tiber Spetim

Tiber Spetim

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a very odd problem which I hope you guys can help me with. Whenever I load up an application such as Warcraft 3 or Guildwars both the inside and the headphones of my computer begin to beep. This is a piercing, inconsistent beep that makes it virtually impossible to play any games without getting a severe headache. I've found that if I alt + tab back to my desk top or another window the beeping stops without continuation. I 've determined that it is not my computer overheating as it occurs after any amount of gameplay and sometimes not at all. I've done virus scans, spyware removals ect. but I'm till not sure if this is a hardware or software problem. Thanks alot.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Normally an overheating problem or an issue with the graphics card - may not be spinning fast enough or may be clogged up.
Thing to remember, it beeps for a reason, not just to upset you. Though it may feel like that sometimes. :)