Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cd rom problem

• Please log in to reply

cc2001

cc2001

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hello,

I have a hp desktop with a cd burner in my home office, I also have one in my kitchen that me and my wife share. The computer in my kitchen recently started not recognizing cds that I had burned from the pc in my home office. I am using nti cd maker. This happened suddenly because cds I burned like a week ago are able to be read in this pc. The error is "device not ready" then when I click retry, I get the same error. Please Help.

Chris
Botsh pcs have win98 se

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
does the cd drive read any kind of cd's and is it seen in my computer by the machine? check the cables inside to make sure their all hooked up in the right spots and firmly in place

cc2001

cc2001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Yes, it will read all store bought cds,(software, music) Also cds I burned with my other pc from about a week ago.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
have you tried using a different burning program such as nero? also can you read the CD's you burn from this computer on another computer?