Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

cein

cein

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi

I am a complete novice when it comes to computers.
I remember seeing a similar blue screen a while back but switched it off and on and it seemed to be ok.
Over the last 2 days the problems has suddenly got worse. I don't think I have done anything wrong. (NO more than usual anyway)
When trying to launch windows I get the Blue screen with the following message.

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x804DB548, 0xF7924BDC, 0xF79248D8)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Ceinion

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello Cein and welcome to GeekstoGo,

We want to run the offline crash diagnostics to get a quick snapshot at what could possibly be the problem with you getting Blue screen error messages.

First we want to download the offline crash diagnostic. You can obtain that here
Now we want to Run the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool
After you save the WindowsXP-KB923800-ENU.exe file, follow these steps:

1. Double-click the WindowsXP-KB923800-ENU.exe file to install the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool.
The installer adds the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool files to the %Windir%\Pchealth\Helpctr\Binaries folder.
2. Click Start, click Run, type ocadiagnostic.exe ,and then click OK to run the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool.
3. Agree to let the tool send information to Microsoft. Then, click Next.
The tool performs the following tasks:

• The tool determines the number of dump files on the computer.
• The tool finds any dump files that are located in the %Windir%\Minidump folder. You can choose to send all the dump files, or you can choose to send individual dump files.
Note The last 10 dump files to be created are collected. Dump files are not collected if they are more than one year old.
• The tool automatically sends the dump files to the Office Crash Diagnostic Microsoft database Web site for analysis.
• The tool downloads the response URLs.
• The tool displays the response IDs. The tool also provides hyperlinks to the Office Crash Diagnostic Web site.

Go ahead and report back the Response IDS with your next post.

cein

cein

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi

Thanks very much for your response. I am sending these emails from my works computer.
As I stated in my previous mail I am a complete novice with computers.
My computer will only load windows in Safe Mode. I know you stated the 'Offline' Diagnostics tool, but do I need to be online to download it? If so, is it possible to get online in Safe Mode?
Being very naive again, but if I can get the dumps from my computer, what is the easiest way of posting them back to you given that I don't think I can get online?

This probably has nothing to do with it, but I've never been able to download Internet Explorer 7 correctly. It downloads fine but when I reboot and try to access it, it just locks up.

Thanks very much again
Cheers
Cein

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
cein,

Can you get into safe mode with networking?

cein

cein

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello again

A colleague at work suggested phoning Microsoft as he had received alot of help when he had problems. Before I rang I could get into windows in the Safe Mode. Not sure on Safe Mode with Networking though. Spent 2 hours on the phone on Friday night. He had me dis-abling various things and it booted up in normal mode. On enabling these items the system kept on crashing. To cut a long story short. By the end of the phone call the computer won't even boot in Safe Mode and has now got a new error message of 0x0000007B.
He ended the conversation and said he will ring back tonight when he has looked into the error code. Unforunately he has not left me with the greatest amount of confidence.
Not too sure what to do for the best now.
Thanks again
Cein

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Cein,
OK let me know how it goes with the phone call from Microsoft.