Download BartPE from any of the locations in this link
. Use the following instructions (copied from the link to BartPE). You need your xp cd, a burner and an empty cd.
This page will help you create your very first BartPE CD. It assumes that you are using Windows XP.
1. Make sure that your system has about 500MB of free disk space!
2. Download the latest PE Builder version (self-installing package) and install it.
3. Start PE Builder (pebuilder.exe). When you start PE Builder for the first time it will ask if you agree with the license agreement.
4. Now PE Builder will ask to search for windows installation files. If you don't have your windows XP setup/installation files on your system you must insert the original Microsoft Windows XP installation/setup CD at this point.
The files you have at c:\windows are not installation files. They are your already installed files!
Click "yes" to start searching. PE Builder will now search all fixed- and CD-Rom drives for Windows installation files. This will take some time. When more than one valid location is found, a dialog will appear where you can select which location you want to use.
5. At the main PE Builder dialog, select the "Burn to CD/DVD" option. When you are using an erasable medium, make sure that the "AutoErase RW" option is enabled. The "burn using" option should be set to "StarBurn". Select your CD writer device from the Device list.
6. Hit the "build" button. PE Builder will now ask you to create a BartPE directory, answer with "yes".
7. The license for your Microsoft Windows XP product is shown. Read it and agree to it to continue.
8. PE Builder will now start building BartPE. This will take a few minutes.
You will see a lot of files getting copied and/or decompressed, the ISO image build and the data recorded to your CD/DVD writer. If the data verify was correct and there where no errors reported you can boot the CD/DVD!
Alternatively you may try to create a bootable Puppy Linux again. Maybe something went wrong with the download or the burning.