Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system files modified, how get them back

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
hey everyone.

my friend showed me a cool tool called Vista Transform Pack v 2.2

However, I didn't like how it worked so I went to uninstall it and it uninstalled but my boot up screen logo is the vista one and my icons are the vista ones.. How can I get all my system files back to xp ones..

Do I have to run a repair?

thanks ... i appreciate it.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Have you tried running the System File Check? (sfc /scannow from the Run command...you'll likely need your cd for this.)

How about a System Restore to a date before you installed the theme pack?

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
will try the system restore.. i never used it much so i forgot about that option.. thanks wannabe for the help

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
hey wannabe, i couldn't even get into windows without it just locking up at the windows shutdown error messgae, i ran a chkdsk to no avail so im reformatting.. not really in the mood to do everythign again but hey i learned my lesson