Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Windows Explorer" Isn't working

• Please log in to reply

Spongeluv11

Spongeluv11

• Pip
  • 1 posts
On Saturday, i got a notification that Windows Explorer isn't working. It kept me from doing EVERYTHING. I couldn't open anything, couldn't even click on the desktop, start menu or quick launch. It went away later on that day. Then this morning, it came up again. I had to CRL+Alt+Delete to get up the Task thingger just to swich windows.

How do I get rid of this? I haven't downloaded anything new and I REALLY don't want to do a system restore.

If it helps.. Its a Compaq Presario and I leave it on standby at night. A bunch of people said it was okay to do that. The only reason I do is because Vista takes so long to boot up; but I have been shutting it down lately. I also have Avast Antivirus.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Spongeluv11 and welcome to GTG,

This appears as if it could be a problem with some software that may have been installed and have created extensions into windows explorer, only they are not working properly. See the following article for more details:
Troubleshooting Windows Explorer Errors - HelpWithWindows.com

If this doesn't resolve it, we may be looking at a malware issue.

Regards,

Ax