Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Update causing BSOD?

• Please log in to reply

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
soul40K,

You will want to reinstall it with the latest drivers.

Advertisements

soul40k

soul40k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Yea, hoping that will work. I will update this post with what happens after i download the latest.

Update: I installed the newest drivers..... And umm.. now it wont even get past the boot screen (where you hit a key to go to setup or boot menu) Even after taking the wireless card out of the mobo.

Edited by soul40k, 20 November 2007 - 10:41 PM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
soul40K,

What is the make and model of your computer?

soul40k

soul40k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Soul40k - Souless... aka made piece meal.. Has worked for 1 year till now :) no moving, no change in anything.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
soul40K

What is your mainboard's manufacture?

soul40k

soul40k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Asus M2N SLI Deluxe

codebinder

codebinder

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I experienced a similar problem this afternoon, except that I don't get a BSOD, my Dell shuts down immediately after windows appears to have nearly completed the startup routine. It is definitely the D-Link G520 driver update.

soul40k

soul40k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
What the heck.. That's incredibly out of wack.. I need this thing i dont have money for another wireless card :) you didnt happen to find a resolution did you?

Edited by soul40k, 22 November 2007 - 11:03 PM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
If this is a desktop then try removing the wireless card and see if the problem continues.

soul40k

soul40k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Wireless card has been removed multiple times and still nothing.. I think it really damamged something this install..

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Just for clarification you still get the blue screen with the wireless card removed is that correct.

Have you downloaded anything since you reinstalled the OS?

soul40k

soul40k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Sorry, I thought I had mentoind this before, after I uninstalled it i restarted it, and it worked perfectly. Then when I tried to reinstall it, i restarted, and it hangs at the bios screen without me able to go into the startup or bios screen.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I would say start removing parts one by one. Strip the system down to Videocard,Memory,CPU see if your system will get past the Bios screen.

soul40k

soul40k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Alright, back to the basic trouble shooting lol. I will be back home on monday and able to attempt this then.

codebinder

codebinder

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I reinstalled the original D-Link driver(s). It worked for me. I verified that my problem was the MS Update for the D-Link hardware by installing the update again. I set a restore point before I did this.

Good luck!